Friday, June 23, 2017

Hemp powder vs Protein powder

To be honest, I am not a breakfast person. I love my coffee and that's about it. However, you can see the flaw with that way of living. I credit a good protein shake for giving me energy and the boost I need to start my day. Plus it's way easier for me to drink something versus forcing food that I just don't have an appetite for. When it came time to finding a good protein powder that was also Vegan( and didn't break my budget) I faced some challenges. Finally, after some trial and error I came to find my favorite essentials. Here's where I stand on the protein component...

I started with Orgain Protein powder

I loved this stuff in the beginning! Plenty of protein, nutrients, and it was only costing me about $25. It doesn't have a grainy texture and it's easily accessible to buy online or in stores. The problem? You have to use two scoops to get the recommended serving. One thing I can't tolerate is a thick shake in the morning. Gross! This was especially the case when I was pregnant so this powder was short lived.

I was also a huge fan of VegaOne

The taste of this shake was incredible! I only needed one scoop and not only was it full of protein but it also comes packed with nutrients which make it a great breakfast shake. The problem? It was a little bit on the pricier side. You can catch this powder on sale at the grocery store every once in awhile though. Another issue? It doesn't "play nice" with lots of ingredients. This is an issue for me because I want my powder to blend in and disappear into my shake. So I had to regretfully retire this one.

Alas, I have found my true love!

Nutiva Hemp Powder

Hemp powder blows my other protein powders out the water. It blends in fantastic with other ingredients when I make shakes and it still gives me the protein boost that I need in the morning. It's a huge plus that there is no aftertaste( yuck) and it fits right in with my budget since I can get this for under $14 for a tub. I only need 3 tablespoons to get a serving in and best of all it makes me feel great! I need my energy for the day to chase around my wild baby boy!

I hope this was helpful for you as you're navigating the protein powder decision. As always, if you want to test out the Vegan lifestyle for 30 days let me create a custom meal plan for you! Save the time of googling recipes and figuring out a grocery list and give Chefy101 a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment