Friday, June 23, 2017

Are chia seeds worth it?





The lowdown on Chia seeds





 People swear by them. You've probably pinned a few puddings made from them. Maybe you haven't tried them at all. Yes, I'm talking about ch-ch-ch-CHIA! I purchased Nutiva chia seeds as one of my staples for morning shakes because of all the amazing health benefits I had read about them. I'm glad I did because these stay in my rotation now. Here's the good, bad, and ugly from my experience. 

The Good
Hello energy! When that late afternoon hits and you need a boost to pick you up these will get you there. It is so much better than reaching for that cup of coffee and cheaper than running to Starbucks for that extra shot. Plus if you're limited on your caffeine intake( like me) this can be a huge help. You can make an energy bar out of them or blend it if you have access to a blender. I also love that they don't break the bank either. You can usually get a great deal on chia seeds. 

The Bad
This may still be a good, but be prepared for the clean out...because I wasn't. Chia seeds clean out your system really well. I ended up feeling fantastic afterwards, but I was not ready going into it. I have since learned that you have to soak the seeds ahead of time. This makes a difference, but they will still clean you out. 

The Ugly
Chia seeds do not look appetizing. They don't disappear in your shake and that can be hard to get down. I consider myself a fairly healthy person and it took me awhile to get used to drinking these. Once you soak them they take on a gel consistency that looks like a middle school science experiment. 

What do you think about chia seeds? Comment below! Don't forget to follow on Instagram @chefy101

No comments:

Post a Comment