Tuesday, June 27, 2017

How I got myself to eat more carrots





Carrots are so healthy! They are full of nutrients but sometimes it's not so much fun to reach for them and eat them consistently. This is especially the case in my house. I used to add them to shakes but they thicken the consistency way too much for me. As I mentioned in my other posts, I can't stand thick shakes! They gross me out. So here are some tips and a quick recipe I use when I want to get more carrots in my diet.

1. Cook them! Raw carrots are great, but not as easy to get down.

2. Hide them. The more I add seasonings, other veggies, and a simple starch ( like potatoes) I find I can eat more of the carrots.

3. Add a protein. I love to use boca for this but you can also add a nice batch of fried tofu to dress up the dish.

My basic veggie medley

1/4 cup of onions
3 tablespoons of minced garlic
3 tablespoons of black pepper
4 tablespoons of berbere( can substitute paprika or any other cajun spice)
2 cups of kale
1 1/2 cups of carrots
1 1/2 cups of boca
1 cup of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes


Sautee onion, garlic, pepper, and berbere for 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce. Add in all the other ingredients and cover on low for about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.



Interested in having me create 30 days of custom Vegan meals for you for less than$12 per week? Check me out here. $10 off if you mention this blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment